PETRA: The Icon of The Rose-Red City
The city of Petra, capital of the Nabataean Arabs, is one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world, it is Located 240 km south of the capital Amman and 120 km north of the red sea town of Aqaba, Petra the world wonder is undoubtedly Jordan’s most valuable treasure and greatest tourist attraction, and it is visited by tourists from all over the world.
It is not known precisely when Petra was built, but the city began to prosper as the capital of the Nabataean Empire from the 1st century BC, which grew rich through trade in frankincense, myrrh, and spices.
Petra was later annexed to the Roman Empire and continued to thrive until a large earthquake in 363 AD destroyed much of the city in the 4th century AD. The earthquake combined with changes in trade routes, eventually led to the downfall of the city which was ultimately abandoned.
By the middle of the 7th century Petra appears to have been largely deserted and it was then lost to all except local Bedouin from the area.
In 1812 a Swiss explorer named Johannes Burckhardt set out to ‘rediscover’ Petra; he dressed up as an Arab and convinced his Bedouin guide to take him to the lost city, After this, Petra became increasingly known in the West as a fascinating and beautiful ancient city, and it began attracting visitors and continues to do so today.
Petra is also known as the rose-red city, a name it gets from the wonderful colour of the rock from which many of the city’s structures were carved. The Nabataeans buried their dead in intricate tombs that were cut out of the mountain sides and the city also had temples, a theater, and following the Roman annexation and later the Byzantine influence, a colonnaded street and churches.
In addition to the magnificent remains of the Nabataean city, human settlement and land use for over 10,000 years can be traced in Petra, where great natural, cultural, archaeological and geological features merge.
On December 6, 1985, Petra was designated a World Heritage Site,, also Petra was chosen by the Smithsonian Magazine as one of the 28 places you should visit in your life time
Countries: Israel, Jordan, Palestine and Egypt
- Hotel Accommodation 3*** and 4****
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- All days Sightseeing by A/C Coach
- Entry fees and English speaking guide
- Air Tickets
- Overseas Travel Insurance Policy (Premium amount is age specific)
- Mineral Water and any item of personal nature are not included in the cost.
- 1 Grand welcome at the Queen Alia International Airport, Amman by Fellowship representative – Transfer to the hotel in Amman - Check in the hotel - Rest and lunch at the hotel - then drive to Madaba , It is a wonderfully vivid, 6th century Byzantine mosaic map showing Jerusalem and other holy sites. It has two million pieces of colored stone and a full 25x6 meters in its original state- most of which still can be seen .Clearly visible on the remarkably detailed map are Jerusalem ,the Dead Sea, the Jordan River ,Jericho, Nablus, Hebron , the Nile Delta in Egypt and southern Lebanon. Then drive to Monte Nebo you will be able to rest on the natural balcony chosen by God for his prophet “Moses” to contemplate the Promised Land since it is the same site of Moses’ view of the Holy Land more than 3000 years ago. Although there is no actual tomb of Moses and the exact burial place is unknown; this is the same mount and surrounding area where Lord God Himself gave Moses burial. Mount Nebo became a place of pilgrimage for early Christians from Jerusalem. Mt. Nebo offers a fantastic view westward, with a vista that includes the Dead Sea, the West Bank, the Jordan River, and , on a clear day, Bethlehem and Jerusalem - return to Amman hotel - Dinner and overnight at Amman Hotel
- 2 After breakfast – drive to Petra - Full day visiting the rose-red city known as Sela in the Bible and lost to the world for five centuries until it was rediscovered in 1812. Enter Petra on horseback through a narrow gorge carved in the sandstone and opening on the stunning view of the Treasury, made famous in the movie “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom”. Visit the palace, the High Palaces and the Roman-Style Palace Tomb - Dinner and overnight at Petra Hotel
- 3 Breakfast - Check out - Drive to Amman
This was the best journey we ever set our on. We had a wonderful time with amazing people in a beautiful country. Our heartfelt gratitude to Mr and Mrs Rathore for being so patient and for guiding us spiritually. Through this trip we were able to gain immense knowledge about the Holy Land, the people living there and about Lord Jesus Christ. This journey brought about great spiritual upliftment in our lives and have made us renew our Walk with the Lord.
-- Ayao Kasar and Daiyairi Muivah, Walk with Jesus XV
“Walk with Jesus Tour”: …The Trip was very good Spiritually and Biblically. I like the devotional Bible studies throughout the tour. It was not just the pilgrimage tour but also Bible Tour. It has helped me to understand Bible clearly and my preaching and understanding of the Word of God will improve.
Me and my wife were also blessed with the fellowship of believers with the tour.
-- Rev Devender Kumar Verma, Walk with Jesus XV
Dear brother and sister in Christ
Sending you our loving greetings to you both in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We will never forget our time with you in the Holy Land thru Fellowship Travel and Tours. You were so much caring and loving and we were all very safe in your excellent Leadership. We love you and promise to pray for your tireless ministry. You are doing wonderful ministry and pray for you always.
We are trying to get more candidates for you and hope many will join in near future. Fellowship travel and tours is the best, I don’t think any body is better than you my brother and sister. You two are really super and God is using you powerfully. God bless!
Rev.Ps. Joseph Chhetri
Evangelical Bethel Church, Dalsingpara 735208 ALIPURDUR WB.
-- Rev.Ps. Joseph Chhetri, Walk with Jesus XV
Dear Rathore Saab; Madam Asha and Mr. Vikram
It was wonderful trip to Israel. I had different concept in my mind of the place but after visiting the place, I found it completely different. I also felt that my knowledge of Bible is insufficient. What I know about Jesus is nothing and I need a thorough study. I also realized that if one is very converse with bible and all the incidences, visiting Israel will be fruitful and easier to understand and relate things.
Whatever I heard from my friend Dr. Tigi Vergis many years back (on my inquiry on Israel country) about M/S Fellowship Tours and Travels, I found all true. Your company is really doing wonderful job.
My wife, sons, father and sister joined me in thanking you all and expressing our indebtedness for your help and all that you did for the tour.
My sons have been insisting us to invite you to Mungpoo – a small remote place where I am posted. If you visit you will relax for some time.
With kind regards,
Dr. Samuel Rai M. Sc. (Ag.) Ph. D. FPLS
-- Dr Samuel Rai, Walk with Jesus XV
Dear brother in Christ,
Greetings in the precious name of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, the unique God, the creator of every soul, provider and the author of our unique faith.
First of all I would like to thank God for this great opportunity to visit the Holy land, where my Lord was born, walked , served, crucified, buried and rose again from the grave with the promise of His 2nd coming. The tour was very well organized and everything was well arranged without any confusion it helped us to enjoy the tour with whole heartedly. Our friends and relatives are very excited to know about the experience and we are sharing with full passion and from now onward it is our mission to encourage and motivate people to visit Holy Land at least once in their life.
We would like to congratulate Mrs. & Mr. Rathore for the successful tour. Mrs. .Dean, Mrs. Bahadur and Shivani are sending their best wishes and the hearty greetings.
With Prayers and grateful heart.
Rev. Stanley Das
Dated: 18th October, 2016.
-- Rev Stanley Das, Walk with Jesus XV